Tuesday, December 17, 2019

A little about Me!

Hey Everyone! 

I am going to start with doing a little introduction of myself. My name is Erin, I am married to an amazing man and have a wonderful and beautiful daughter. 

Growing up I hated reading and only did it if I had to for school. Well in February of 2014 I went to California for a couple of months to help my sister take care of my niece while my brother-in-law was deployed. While there I read the first book of the Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare. After reading that first book I was hooked couldn't stop. So over the next two weeks I finished the series and loved it. 

Over the next couple of months I fell into reading like jumping off a diving board. I bought books on iBooks, and read a ton. 

After I went back to Texas I continued reading and for the last 5 years I have been obsessed about reading and books. At first I only bought books on iBooks, last year I got Kindle Unlimited and that changed everything for me. It has been the best money I have ever spent each month. 

For the last 6 years I have only bought ebooks, but for about the last year or so I decided that I wanted to start owning the paper forms. So I made a list of my favorite authors and favorite series and single books, and have been getting on their author websites and purchased their books. 

I joined a whole bunch of book and reading pages on Facebook and I have found and been recommended so many different authors and different tropes and styles of romance books. 

My personal favorite types of romance books are Motorcycle Club series, Best Friends siblings, and Older man/Younger woman. I don't know why I love these types of books but I have always been drawn to them and love reading them. 

One thing about me is that I love to re-read series and books. It doesn't matter if I have read that series 10 times, if I feel like reading it again I will and I will love it like the first time I read it. I will also sometimes read a book and skip to certain scenes or just the ending of the book. I usually do this when that scene will pop into my head and I can't get it out until I read it. I also like to wait until a series is either complete or mostly complete until I read it. I hate being left wanting to know what is next or being left on a cliffhanger.

I am also this way with movies and TV shows. I will think about an episode or a certain scene and want to watch it. I will also re-watch a whole series of a show because I want to and feel like it (doing this drives my husband insane). But my brain and body just feel so much better after I do it and I never get tired of it. 

They say that reading books and watching shows that you have seen multiple times is actually very good for you. It helps calm any anxiety and can be helpful when you are stressed and worried, and I wholly and completely agree with it. Some of the most stressful times I have had I can choose a book or TV show and put that on and I won't feel as bad as I did before. 

I have joined many authors reading and promotion groups on Facebook. So I will always be willing to help someone promote a good book. BUT all of the authors and books that I do post on here will be the ones that I have personally read or know that the author is on of my favorites! 

So that is enough about me and my crazy way of thinking and reading.  I hope you all enjoy my blog and can take the recommendations and reviews and put them towards your decision. 

Erin

To reassure all of you that this blog is done personally and none of what I post on this blog is being paid for. I will never give a review that I will not stand behind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kiwi by Crystal Daniels & Sandy Alvarez

  Let me say this, the infamous duo has knocked it out of the park once again!  Kiwi & Piper's chemistry has been on my mind since r...