Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Current Reading List & Update

Hey Readers! 

How is everyone doing? What is everyone reading right now?

I thought I would give everyone a little update on my reading list. I know I am about a week or two behind (blame headaches and school). If I could read all day I really would, but unfortunately I have to be a part of the real world. 

We are going to go off topic for a moment but I do promise I will get back to the current reading list! 

You guys don't this but on June 14th I broke my left leg at work and had to have surgery to repair it. I had broken my tibia plateau, the kind of break I had would be classified as a high impact break. This type of break happens when you fall off a roof or get hit by a car. Me, I broke my leg my running down a small ramp. Yep, I broke my leg by running and falling. At first I thought I had just hyper extended my knee but after an ambulance ride to the ER, X-rays, and a CT scan they found it was just a break. I was in surgery a week later where they put in a plate and 11 screws. 

Unfortunately I was non-weight bearing and on crutches for 8 weeks. Let me tell you this I HATE crutches!! I was ready to throw them over our second floor balcony. Oh did I forget to mention that I live on the second floor of my apartment complex? Yeah, I was boot scootin' it up and down the stairs for two months and it was horrible, hot, dirty, tiring, and just flat out annoying.

Well I went to the doctor last week and I am finally cleared to go back to work! YAY (kind of, ha ha ha)!!

The only thing that has gotten me through the last 6 months has been books, Netflix, and deciding to go back to school. 
I went from working 40+ hours a week, taking care of my daughter, and normal housework, to not being able to do any of it for 2 1/2 months! My husband was a great help and became Mr. Mom for a while to help out. For a man who only new how to make sandwiches, soup, ramen noodles, and nachos (just the chips and cheese), he learned how to cook, started taking my daughter to school, cleaned, laundry, and was working his normal 45+ hours. He has been a godsend and so supportive of me and everything I have had to go through and deal with.

I started back to school in November, and I am going for my Bachelors in Health Services Management. My goal is to be done in 2 years! School has been helping me keep busy since I haven't been able to do much of anything around the house and I couldn't go back to work. 

That first week I was off work, before my surgery I was ok, I was just trying to manage my pain and not try to kill myself on the stupid crutches. But about a week after my surgery and being almost immobile I was going crazy and was tired of watching TV (I tried reading new books but I was going through so much I couldn't concentrate on anything new). So I decided that I was just going to go through my iBooks and Kindle library and reread a lot of my books again. Well I did that in about 2 weeks. Then I got started into my Kindle Unlimited books. After another 2 weeks and still not being able to do a whole lot I was finally able to concentrate on new books so I just continued to wear the hell out of my KU account, I read and downloaded so many books I can't even keep track of how much I read. 

It was in December I got the idea that I wanted to start a blog that was all about book reviews and what books I would recommend. So I made a list of my favorite authors and their books and decided that I was going to go out on a limb and make this blog and my Instagram. So here I am almost month later and really enjoying it. I love being able to read books and then let other readers know the great things about these books and how amazing some authors are. How they can just take simple words and make a whole new life for someone. 

It was about a week or so after I had started my Instagram account I started to be approached by authors asking if I could read and review their books. Let me tell you this when I got that first message I was so excited and couldn't wait to do it. I love knowing that I am helping someone else achieve their dream. 

If I do nothing else in my life, at least I have helped someone else. That is all I want to do. 

After that first author messaged me I kept getting more and more requests to read and review their books and I kept getting even more excited for the opportunities I was given by others. 

So now that I have written a little story myself I am going to give you my current reading list of requested reads and ARC sign ups that I submitted for. 

Currently reading: Etched in Stone by Olivia Arnold
2. Remember Me by Roxanne Tully
3. Warrior Blue by Kelsey Kingsley
4. Keeping Denver by Crystal Daniels & Sandy Alvarez
5. Just Love Me by Tracisek
6. Only Her series by Olivia Stephen
7. I'm Done by Gupreet Kaur
8. Divided Interests by Kelly Elliott
9. Dark Secret by Danielle Rose

I am so excited for all of my upcoming books! 

I will try and keep all of the authors updated about their book status and I will email them the day before or the day I post my review on here and where ever else they need them posted. 

If you are an author and would like to be added to my list please check out my other blog about requested reads. I am always taking new books and will be happy to read anything that you ask me too. 

I hope everyone has a fabulous day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kiwi by Crystal Daniels & Sandy Alvarez

  Let me say this, the infamous duo has knocked it out of the park once again!  Kiwi & Piper's chemistry has been on my mind since r...